History

Cambridge School, Cuttack was established in 1961. The school is managed and administered by the MONTFORT BROTHERS OF ST. GABRIEL 

The Montfort Brothers of St. Gabriel belong to an International Society founded by St. Louis Mary de Montfort in 1703. The Society is spread out in 32 countries throughout the world. It is engaged primarily in the field of education, not only of the normal children in academic institutions but also in technical education, of the deaf and the blind, the physically and the mentally challenged etc. It is also involved in works among the poor in villages and slums. It runs 175 schools, 10 Industrial Schools and a B. Ed college in India having 5 lakhs students on the roll.

The major object of this institution is to educate the youth in a spirit of service to the humanity. The institution’s priorities in education, are not only scholastic excellence, but also formation of youth in discipline, hard work, moral and religious values. These priorities are meant to prepare the youth for life, by promoting intellectual excellence, uprightness of character, emotional maturity, scientific temper, spirit of healthy competition, cooperation and sportsmanship through co-curricular activities, moral sensitivity to the needs and rights of others especially the poor, religious tolerance and national integration.

The school is affiliated to the ICSE & ISC, NEW DELHI  and the medium of instruction is English. It runs classes from Nursery to X in science and art streams. Though a minority institution, it caters to all irrespective of caste, creed or linguistic groups.